Good health facilities are considered a global fundamental right for all citizens around the world. However, not many have access to it for various reasons such as high cost of medical coverage, lack of facilities and a lot more. Health is a critical determinant of your family and your prosperity. Without health, there is after all no wealth. Physically & mentally if you are not able and fit, you will never be able to enjoy life, live it to the fullest.
However, in our country, even access to the basic health facilities for most citizens is a problem. If you are living in the urban centers and you need medical assistance, Government Hospitals and dispensaries are unable to capture and treat all the foot traffic that they receive. To that effect, private facilities are available across several cities but there is a distinct difference in the pricing of services across government versus private facilities.
In times of emergency the last thing you want to do is deal with uncertainty, lack of available options for treatment and financial restrictions. This is when good health insurance policy coverage helps you. It can help cover costs for medical conditions and hospitalization that you may otherwise struggle with due to lack of funds or not being able to arrange funds on an urgent basis.
Why is Health Care Insurance Important in Pakistan?
The availability of good healthcare institutions is not just scarce but expensive. Repetitive visits required for treatments and medical care can amount to a hefty amount from your savings.
A Good Health Insurance Policy not only gives you access to various alternatives for medical facilities but also in emergency cases help’s you get treated at a hospital as a priority customer.
Convinced that you need a Health Insurance? Maybe not, let’s evaluate further why one would want to invest in health insurance coverage for you and your family.
5 Great Benefits of Having Health Care Insurance Coverage:
- Cashless Transactions: The most convincing attribute of a Medical Health Policy is the fact that in times of urgent care, you can walk into a hospital without cash and just your policy card. The need to access ATMs and ready cash are eliminated with a simple insurance policy card in your wallet.
Hospitals will not just accept the insurance card as a substitute to cash but may also make you a priority customer depending on your policy.
- Reimbursement of Medical Expenses: Most reasonable and competitive health Insurance policies will cover a wide range of hospital network for their clients. Even if your hospital is not within the network coverage, with a health insurance policy you will always get reimbursed for the expenses you incur during hospitalization and treatment. However, the reimbursement may not cover 100% of the expenses depending on the scope of coverage provided by your insurance policy. All you would need to do is inform your insurance company of the expense, submit the receipts and documentation of your treatment at the hospital and get paid for those expenses.
- Negotiated Rates for Medical Care & Treatment: A lot of times health insurance providers will have special rates (reduced price of generic drugs) and treatment charges agreed with medical facilities for their clients. This not only means that you don’t have to pay upfront but it also means that you have to pay a lesser amount for the treatment received.
- Preventive Medical Care: Health insurance policies may also offer you some preventive care, which may include regular checkups, vaccinations and other OPD facilities. Check with your insurance provider, or see your insurance policy documentation to find out more. Usually, such information is present in the details of the policy document. If preventive medical care is covered in some ways, you should always consult your policy document before incurring an expense. It can help you save on your medical bills significantly.
- One window Solution: A health insurance policy is your one window solution in an emergency health situation. It will help you stay calm and not worry about patient enrollment and cash provisions, when you have to take care of a medical emergency. You know what to do, where to go and who to speak to if you need assistance with your reimbursements or your real time medical expenses.
Health care insurance policies are a safe investment and risk management tool for you and your family. They can help you cover larger medical expenses without having to dip through your savings, or worry about not being able to pay the hospital fee. With a good medical insurance coverage, you can deal with medical emergencies without worries.