Travel insurance has become increasingly important to have if you are travelling abroad. Despite knowing this most of us generally forget to buy a policy when it is not mandatory to do so. We are only compelled to buy travel cover when we are mandated by visa requirements.
However, it is important to cover yourself irrespective of your destination. There is a simple reason for this – medical costs are considerably high in other parts of the world. Though you hope you never have to use the cover, imagine if you had to and you are stuck in a foreign land with very little cash leftover or limits on your credit card – it’s quite an unpleasant situation to be in.
The ones who do buy travel insurance generally just do it without any desire to understand what the policy covers and what it does not. Many of us just go for the cheapest option just because we don’t grant it enough importance. And most of us just depend on our travel agent to arrange it for us.
Review what you are paying for. Don’t just go on hearsay, and please try to understand what the policy covers. You must ask your travel or insurance agent the following just to be sure you are getting a policy that suits your needs:
- Does it cover medical expenses abroad, if so what are the limits?
- Is there any cover for dental emergencies, what is the limit of this expense and what is considered a dental emergency?
- What happens if I lose my luggage or passport do I have any protection for this?
- Also what if due to extreme weather conditions my flight is cancelled and I have to stay over an extra night, two or ten – will I get reimbursed for the cost I had to incur for extra nights that I hadn’t originally planned to stay?
- How good is the insurance company? Do they have a good rating? Will they settle my claims on time?
There are many risks that we are exposed to when we are travelling and it is necessary to minimise these through the transferring of these risks by virtue of buying travel cover. That’s why travel insurance exists. Don’t look at it as an added expense, look at it as part of your travel requirement and incorporate it into your travel budget.
Today, it is a lot easier to get access to this information and the best part is you can make your own decision as opposed to depending on someone else. At KarloCompare.com.pk we make it easier to access the information you are looking for. You can also buy directly with a few clicks and the following it by entering your travel information. We help you find the best option available for your destination. It literally is a few clicks.
Before you jump on that plane to go on your next vacation or business visit, just think about what you would prefer? Incurring a marginal cost now, or potentially a massive cost and the inconvenience later? Before you leave, make sure you are covered and know what you are covered for. Don’t expose yourself to any unpleasant surprises especially when you can avoid them so conveniently.