Frequently Asked Questions
When you are traveling for pleasure, work or otherwise it is crucial to be protected, since you don't know what can go wrong. It could be something as simple as misplacing your wallet or baggage loss to an accidental occurrence. Unfortunately, mishaps don't give us prior warning, but tend to happen unexpectedly. When you have travel coverage you and your loved ones are protected.
There are various types of tenures. You can have a policy valid as short as 5 days to as long as 1 year. In shorter tenure policies you will only be covered for a single trip. This means that the trip you are going for is covered and the policy expires at the tenure or upon your return, whichever comes first. There are also slightly longer tenure policies that cover multiple trips. This means all the trips that you go on till the expiration of the policy are covered.
This means the policy you have bought will be cover you for a maximum stay out of the country till the stipulated time. For example in an annual travel insurance plan, if there is maximum stay of 30 days, this means that all your trips within the year are covered for maximum of 30 days of travel outside the country. So you can take multiple trips within the year but none of the trips can extend beyond 30 days.
Anyone can get travel insurance, this can be a professional individual, a housewife, child, student etc. It is advisable to buy travel insurance whenever you or a family member is traveling.
It is not mandatory for all countries. However it is applicable in the case of Schengen and Australia. Though not mandatory it is advisable that you buy a travel insurance policy when you are traveling to protect you from medical and non medical incidences/mishaps while on your vacation, business or leisure trips.
You should choose a plan according to your needs whether you are traveling alone, with family, child etc. Also heed to the other details of your trip like is it a business trip, leisure/family vacation. Is it a single trip, or are you a frequent traveler. Selecting the right plan is absolutely vital. The only way you can do that is if you look for the right elements in the plan: Some of which are listed below;
- Is there a possibility of your trip being extended:
For this choose a plan that is extendable
- Are there any sub limits in the plan?
It is very important to identify whether the policy you have chosen has sub limits. For instance sub limits for loss of luggage, flight cancelation, delayed departure, travel and stay over. Any claim over and above the sublimit will be borne by you. For instance you miss your flight and you have to stay over and the sublimit under travel and stay over is USD 100 a night to a max USD 1,000. You will be need to bear the cost incase your claim is over the maximum amount.
You should keep an eye out for all the exclusions. These are the items not covered by a the policy. This could be whole range of items such as preconditions, certain incidents, etc.
- Does the plan cover the preexisting condition you are suffering from?
If you are someone who has a preexisting condition it is important to ensure that the policy covers the same.
- Deductable & Copayment Term:
If a policy has such a clause, this means you will be liable to bear a portion of the claim. For instance if there is a 10% deductable on a particular claim, then this means you will be covered for 90% of the claim, the remaining 10% will be borne by you.
A family means two parents and children up till the age of 18 years. Some policies consider a family of 6 (i.e. two parents, and four children) and others consider a family to be of 4 (i.e. two parents, and two children). Every provider has their respective family size.
Travel insurance policy commences on the date specified in the policy documents. This is usually the date you have specified.
You can use the same policy if your travel start date is within a specified grace period indicated on the policy. Usually you are still covered if your change of dates are within 15 dates of the declared dates. Alternatively, you can have your dates changed before the policy starts. It can be changed after the policy start date as well, but this will require you to give proof that your travel has not been undertaken.
No, limits on family members is usually combined. For example if USD 10,000 is the limit then that means the USD 10,000 is for the entire family not individually. As a family you can only claim USD 10,000.
What customers are saying:
"I am really big on dining and shopping discounts, this website really helped me narrow my options and find the right card within a few moments. It was super useful to know all the information before hand!"
"I love traveling, so finding a credit card that rewarded my wanderlust was important for me. KarloCompare helped me find the card that gave me the best rewards. I look forward to using their other services!"